Monday, December 1, 2014

Slacker...Just an update

So clearly, I fell off the wagon on the reading challenge. I'm gonna illustrate what happened since I last posted, which was over six weeks ago.

So my last post happened the second week of October. Enter the weekend, my bestie and her hubbs visited. I generally post on Mondays, and that particular Monday, I spent the day with my friends. We ate some delicious, homemade, gluten-free Jambalaya...which reminds me that I need to get the recipe.

This unplanned excursion got me off track with my reading schedule. Although it was probably really crazy of me to think that I was going to read 1200 pages in a week....

Yep...

Definitely crazy!

So the other weeks have passed, and I have been gradually pecking away at the Wicked Series, which was what I set out to read for my last challenge. I have like one hundred pages left in Out of Oz, and then I will be finished! YAY!

So there is a Wicked Series blog post to come...I could actually start writing it since I'm 3/4's of the way through the novels.

Eh...Who am I kidding?! I am a major procrastinator, and won't write the post until I am completely done with the books! LOL!

Things to come!
(Besides a Wicked blog post)

This December, I have laid out a read list that I am very excited about. It looks as follows:
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- I read this book every December. This will be the fifteenth year of the reading tradition. It is one of my favorite holiday books.
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- First-timer for this one, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it.
The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Confession: I was supposed to read this book in like the fifth grade, but I blew it off because it wasn't my cup of tea at the time. I think I will enjoy it much more this time.
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
- This one's a reread. Love it and how lyrical it is.
Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
- Another reread, but one of my favorite classics. It's a wonderful adventure.

Anywho, I think I am going to put a pin in the Reading Challenge...This of course means that I won't be finishing it on time. This of course kills me; However, I do believe that slow and steady wins the race. After December, I will restart the Reading Challenge and finish it!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment